The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email accounts/Webmail issues

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ghstber, Oct 16, 2005.

1. ghstber

ghstber Member

Hello! I am attempting to fix a client's issue with their webmail and am having some trouble. Here is what is happening:

The client stated to me that he could no longer log into his webmail account. All information was provided, and I confirmed that the email address could not be logged into via webmail. I logged into his cPanel and clicked the 'Webmail' button next to the email address and provided the same password used before, and was able to view the webmail. Afterwards, he recreated the account and it worked through webmail. Any ideas?

2. aby

aby Well-Known Member

I am not sure .. what actually is the issue now... I assume from your post that the issue is solved. Since it is solved there is no point in trouble shooting further. since the issue nolonger exists . It might have beeen some permission issues... did you check resetting the password when you find it not working ?

3. ghstber

ghstber Member

Well, the issue is he has many many other email accounts that are still having this issue, and he would rather not have to remake each and every one of them. I figured it would not have been a password issue, as when you click the 'Webmail' button in cPanel next to the email account it requires that account's password. As I input the same password in the <yourdomain>/webmail dialog box and the cPanel method described above, I didn't think a password reset would have solved the issue. I will attempt this - any other information you may come up with would, of course, be helpful.

4. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Pretty difficult to tell without experiencing it or have a look. Anyway try the script...

/scripts/mailperm