The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email accounts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by leigh, Feb 7, 2004.

1. leigh

leigh Member

I am new to CPanel and am setting up accounts from my old server to this one. I have 1 account set up which has several different email user accounts. But when 1 of the email users tries to log on to read their email (through webmail) at https://domain.com:2083 and it asks for their username and password, when they type it in, it refuses access. The only way for each one of them to gain access to their webmail is through the CPanel page which can only be accessed through the main account holder's username and password. And when they do that, then all the email user accounts can be deleted, etc. Is there a way for EACH individual email account user to access their OWN webmail to read? I can't seem to find anything anywhere on it. Any help is GREATLY appreciated as I have about 80 sites to migrate over. Thanks!

2. leigh

leigh Member

Webmail

Ok, I can log into mydomain.com/webmail, but when I put in one of the username and passwords that have been set up, it gives me access denied. How come?

3. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

The primary user for the domain can login by just using:
    <username> / <password>

Additional POP/IMAP users must login by using:
    <username+domainname.com> / <password>

Just need to append a +domainname.com to the username and all should work.

4. leigh

leigh Member

webmail

Thank you! It worked. Now if I can work out my mail server dilemna, I'll be fine!!! (I'm migrating from one server to the CPanel machine, while trying to keep all sites up and working!).

5. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

leigh,

I've just completed doing the exact same thing. Migrating from one server on one of my NOC's DC's to another.

When changing DC's/Comm Centers, you have to be prepared and aware of when/if domains will propogate.