Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

email address list

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by randee, Dec 26, 2006.

1. randee

randee Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know? Is there a list of all the email addresses on the cpanel server someplace?
    Or is there a way to get such a list?

We're setting up a mail filter server that will do postfix (and more) before it sends the email through to the real mail server.
    Having a current list of email addresses on this new filter server, would allow us to reject unknown users before they reach the final mail server.

But so far I can't find a list. I noticed there is a link in cpanel to send a email to everyone, but that hasn't helped me either...

thanks for any help,
    Randee

2. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

Since maildir email accounts can be found within each users mail directory, we can probably use the pattern
    i.e. /home/[username]/mail/[domain-name]/[@prefix]

To get a list, you could do "locate /home/*/mail | grep tmp" I've greped the tmp folder since it usually doesn't have anything in it, so it should hopefully output 1 line per email address on the server. This is a far-from-ideal solution, since you'll need to ensure the slocate db is up-to-date, and write a script to clean up the output.

Hopefully there's a much easier way of achieving what you're after...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. adept2003

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. randee

randee Member

Thanks adept!, I do hope we can come up with something easy... like mysql db duplication that would be live and realtime... but I may also be dreaming! :)

5. adept2003

Chirpy's Mail Manage script is able to list all domains together with their email accounts. I'd def recommend you give it a try. The cgi script is editable, so you should be able to add your own functionality into it. http://www.configserver.com/cp/cmm.html

6. ggriffit

ggriffit Registered

I am not able to find how you could run the mail manage script on a hourly or daily basis and have that information stored in an text file. Did someone say this was possible?

Thanks.