The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email address list

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by randee, Dec 26, 2006.

1. randee

randee Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know? Is there a list of all the email addresses on the cpanel server someplace?
    Or is there a way to get such a list?

We're setting up a mail filter server that will do postfix (and more) before it sends the email through to the real mail server.
    Having a current list of email addresses on this new filter server, would allow us to reject unknown users before they reach the final mail server.

But so far I can't find a list. I noticed there is a link in cpanel to send a email to everyone, but that hasn't helped me either...

thanks for any help,
    Randee

2. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

Since maildir email accounts can be found within each users mail directory, we can probably use the pattern
    i.e. /home/[username]/mail/[domain-name]/[@prefix]

To get a list, you could do "locate /home/*/mail | grep tmp" I've greped the tmp folder since it usually doesn't have anything in it, so it should hopefully output 1 line per email address on the server. This is a far-from-ideal solution, since you'll need to ensure the slocate db is up-to-date, and write a script to clean up the output.

Hopefully there's a much easier way of achieving what you're after...

3. adept2003

4. randee

randee Member

Thanks adept!, I do hope we can come up with something easy... like mysql db duplication that would be live and realtime... but I may also be dreaming! :)

5. adept2003

Chirpy's Mail Manage script is able to list all domains together with their email accounts. I'd def recommend you give it a try. The cgi script is editable, so you should be able to add your own functionality into it. http://www.configserver.com/cp/cmm.html

6. ggriffit

ggriffit Registered

I am not able to find how you could run the mail manage script on a hourly or daily basis and have that information stored in an text file. Did someone say this was possible?

Thanks.