Email addresses cannot be verified

coolcom

Mar 3, 2005
I have an issue where most (if not all) email verification programs are unable to verify any email address on any of my cPanel servers. While you may think this is a good thing, it prevents features such as being able to update a newsletter address through GetResponse... as GetResponse cannot verify the new address exists.

I tried enabling Trace Route (which I have off), however that made no difference.

I also tried turning off ConfigServer which made no difference.

I receive address testing errors from testing programs such as emailhippo.com that says "TransientNetworkFault"... and from Verifalisa.com that says " A timeout has occured while connecting to the mail exchanger which serves the email address domain."

The accounts all receive email fine, and MXToolbox shows all positive results for the mail server... all records are fine.

cPanel version 98.

I don't know when this began to happen or if it was always there. This is on multiple servers all using cPanel and EXIM... so I have apparently enabled a setting somewhere that is causing this. I've even tried watching logs while testing an address, but I can't see where the test is being rejected.

Any suggestions or a solution much appreciated. Thank-you in advance.

coolcom

Mar 3, 2005
Sorry, cannot find the link you refer to... just a link to your Avatar info. I will post a support request and reference this post.

coolcom

Mar 3, 2005
I have posted the support request through the cPanel Support system under "Email addresses cannot be verified"

Ashstyles

Dec 17, 2020
United State
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I faced the same issue with my website, I contact my web hosting but they were not helpful. After that, I contact Cpanel and they helped me to resolve this issue. So, don't worry it will take some time but they will solve the issue.

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It looks like we got an answer in the ticket as well. It references the documentation here.

https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.2.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_SPF.html

[QUOTEit says that Envelope-From, Return-Path, and X-Envelope-From are used for SPF checks. It leaves open the possibility of other headers being used, but I'm relatively sure that "From" isn't one of them, because it's so easy to forge. [/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see everything is working!