The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email aging not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by toygeek, Mar 18, 2005.

1. toygeek

toygeek Member

Hi, I have:

WHM 9.9.9 cPanel 9.9.9-R14
    RedHat 7.3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

I have a user who has email aging setup and its just not working. Does anybody have any information on email aging and how to verify that it is setup correctly?

Thank you very much.

2. FourMat

FourMat Active Member

I am having the same problem. Anyone else have any experience with this? I have seen many threads on this but no answers. Could this be a bug?

3. kaon

kaon Registered

email Aging not doing anything?

Same problem here. Aging doesn't seem to have any effect.

Do the settings of POP3 clients matter? Most of our users use OE or Outlook.

Does it matter if at the time that Aging is enabled, the mailbox contains emails that are old enough that they should be deleted? Would they immediately be deleted?

How soon after setting Aging, are the appropriate deletions expected to be executed?

I have noticed that some incoming emails are dated like 2001, probably because sender's PC's clock is not set correctly. How does aging treat such messages? Does aging look directly at the date of an email? or does it depend on how long it actually has been in the mailbox?

Is it possible to see the aging-setting status of an account? (i.e. see whether aging is enabled, and if so, how many days)

How does one disable aging for an account?

Thanks

4. kaon

kaon Registered

bump

sorry abt the bump, but does email aging work for anyone?

5. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

Nope, looking through the webmailaging.cgi file it appears that a 'mailaging' file is supposed to be getting created in the user's /etc or /etc/<domain> directory, but we don't see one getting created on any server for any account (including our test accounts). It appears the aging feature is downright broken.

Hey cPanel, how about taking it out of the user's interface if it isn't functional. We're tired of getting support tickets on it!

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you believe there's a problem with it you should inform cPanel. Log a ticket and/or create an entry in bugzilla.

7. devellion

devellion Active Member

I have this problem too. A friend I gave an account to on my server want email to stay for only 14 days on the server. I enabled aging but it doesn't work.

WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.1-S114

He is using 1.6 GB of server space for one email account as he gets sent lots of MS Word documents.

How can we enable aging manually?

8. devellion

devellion Active Member

I'm desperate to get this working.

How can you use a blackberry and have ageing off.