The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email alias/forwarder

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by davejames, Mar 1, 2011.

1. davejames

davejames Member

Nov 19, 2010
    What is this crap !

You can't even make an email alias on the same email address?? How is that possible?

You schould make that possible in your system. So, people don't have to empty there box that send to forwards. Loozing of space that way.

Have nice day,
  2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Houston, TX
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I moved this post to its own thread, instead of resurrecting a thread that is now over four (4) years old. The original thread was the following:

The closest thing to the functionality you want, in cPanel, is a forwarder. You do not need to create a forwarder as an actual mailbox. You can create a forwarder, without making a corresponding mailbox, and there will never be a need to empty an extra mailbox.

For example, assume you have You can create a forwarder,, and have it forward to You do not need to create a mailbox named If you do not create a mailbox, will be just that, a forwarder, not a mailbox, and there will never be a need to empty a mailbox for, because none will exist.

I hope this helps. If I am misunderstanding what you want to do, please let me know, and provide more details about the functionality you would like to see.