The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email aliases not delivering to local addresses

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Selena, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Selena

Selena Active Member

We're also having an issue with email disappearing. This mainly has to do with email aliases. The client sets up email to go to three different email accounts. Two are offsite and one goes to one of customer's domain email addresses (same domain used for the alias).

The offsite copies were delivered but the customer never got the copy in his domain email box.

I was able to duplicate the problem yesterday but then everything started working correctly again. This has happened before with another account so I don't think the problem is fixed. It's frustrating because we never know when it's going to not work how it's supposed to.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
    Selena

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

It might be possible that your customer receives the email in junk folder. Also, check for PTR record In some cases, it rejects emails if PTR record is not properly set in mail server.

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    What is the full cPanel version and build number?

What method is used to verify receipt of messages in the local e-mail account when the issue occurs?

Is BoxTrapper enabled on the e-mail account?

Is SpamAssassin enabled, and is SpamAssassin's Spam Box enabled?

I would use the Exim main log to assist with verification of the deliveries attempted; the Exim main log is located at the following path on Linux:
    Code:
    /var/log/exim_mainlog
    I recommend using "grep" to search for initial log references, and where needed open the exim_mainlog file in a text viewer or editor (in read-only mode) to view the full details from surrounding log entries.