The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Aliases

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by pjmignone, Apr 3, 2008.

1. pjmignone

pjmignone Member

Hi I am new to cpanel and I am trying to set it up for a domain.
    How do I set up Email Aliases. In other words have a mail box accept more than one email address?
    Thanks?
    Pete

2. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

3. pjmignone

pjmignone Member

4. GYSMO

GYSMO Registered

catch-all configuration for different domain name

hi I did created set by step instructions
    created email acount called catch-all and password that work well and able to recieved all unrouted emails to that addie on outlook
    prob seem to be elsewhere
    I want to use settings on send recieved email from aliase on a hosted domain on different then the FQDN server and it doesnt seem to work
    I do go into the root and log into the 2087 from FQDN and dont see how to set it up for thoses 2 others hosted domain to have there catch-all folder and enable them to work with such setting a seen below

POP3 Server Hostname
    The hostname for your POP3 server. In most cases, the default of "localhost" is correct. so added localhost

POP3 Server Port
    The port your host's POP3 mail server uses. In most cases, this is just 110 (the default). so left it as port 110

POP3 Server Username
    The username of the "catch-all" e-mail account vBMS will use. This must be a "catch-all" account which receives all messages sent to nonexistent addresses at your site. If you do not know this value, consult your host.
    created first that email account catch-all then went into foward and sellected that domain name for default and had it with password that gave me something like catch-all+domain.com

POP3 Server Password
    The password of the "catch-all" e-mail account vBMS will use. If you do not know this value, consult your host.
    I assume this is the catch-all password so enter it

Force "No-TLS" connection
    Some mail servers assume that clients will connect securely. Enable this option to force an unsecure connection.
    did tried both here no success

each time same results failed

Installation failed while "Testing Settings": vBMS couldn't connect to the mail server using the settings you provided. Please go back and verify their accuracy. If you are not sure of the values to use, consult your host.

Details:

Warning: imap_open() [function.imap-open]: Couldn't open stream {localhost:110/pop3}INBOX in /includes/vbms_class_installer.php on line 791