The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email and autorresponders problems!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by equens, Nov 28, 2002.

1. equens

equens Well-Known Member

I have a new domain with no pop accounts, only the main account equens@domain.com.

Well, if I create an autorresponder to equens@domain.com this domain cannot receive emails sent to equens@domain.com

I delete the autoresponder and the domain can receive the emails emails sent to equens@domain.com

Thanks!

2. iggy

iggy Member

We have seen this on our CPanel servers too.

3. equens

equens Well-Known Member

[quote:da70a49443][i:da70a49443]Originally posted by thaphantom[/i:da70a49443]

right an autoresponder is not supposed to have an email box...[/quote:da70a49443]

With or without box, if I create an autoresponder to user@domain.com where user is the username of the main account (cpanel access), the emails sent to this email is lost .

4. equens

equens Well-Known Member

[quote:a27a7a6a13][i:a27a7a6a13]Originally posted by thaphantom[/i:a27a7a6a13]

that would be right, usually autoresponders are fr requests for information.[/quote:a27a7a6a13]

I think is a problem fro .autorespond-loopprotect archive. I think DarkORB should be tell us something about this problem.

Ej.

domain=people.com
    user=dark

Whithout pop accounts, dark@people.com is the main email.

Can I create an autoresponder for dark@people.com? I think no. this autoresponder doesn't work.

Well, I can create another pop like dark@people.com and set it like default address. It is the same, this autoresponder doesn't work.

And how it works .autorespond-loopprotect archive?

Good look!

5. hostalia

hostalia Member
    PartnerNOC

Same Problem HERE!

We've got the same problem.

It seems that if you create an autorresponder without a pop account or a redirection the email are lost :-(

Wrote an email to Cpanel Support, and seems they are checking it out.