Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Email "Authentication" Page - 30 Seconds to Load

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by brt, Apr 26, 2018.

  1. brt

    brt Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2015
    Messages:
    83
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    MN
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've had this problem for a while now. When trying to load the Authentication page (to configure SPF and DKIM), it takes exactly 30 seconds before it starts to load -- like it's waiting on a timeout -- and then loads quickly.

    This is a predictable behavior and happens every time (for me).

    I'm running current RELEASE cPanel 68.0.37 and have a cluster of four DNSOnly servers. BIND is disabled on this server.
     
    #1 brt, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. cPanelLauren

    cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2017
    Messages:
    968
    Likes Received:
    68
    Trophy Points:
    103
    Location:
    Houston
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @brt

    I can't replicate this behavior on my test system currently but I'd like to know some further information.


    1. Can you confirm all servers in the DNS cluster are responding normally and can be connected to without issue? Sometimes in the event, one of the servers is experiencing issues some features of cPanel which do DNS checks take a longer than normal time to load. You could also test this by disabling the DNS cluster temporarily.

    2. Do you receive any errors or notifications in the cPanel error log when attempting to view the Email Authentication page? The cPanel error logs can be found at /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log


    Thank you,
     
  3. brt

    brt Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2015
    Messages:
    83
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    MN
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I haven't had any DNS problems, and I did just confirm that all members are correctly responding to queries. I also haven't had any notifications about dropped cluster members, etc. All members are showing online under the DNS Cluster page in WHM (and I want to say that if there is one that's not responding that that page has a timeout delay as well, which it doesn't right now). So that part should be just fine.

    I loaded the authentication page and then viewed the error_log you mentioned above, and the last entry was around 45 minutes old, so it doesn't appear to be logging a problem there regarding this either.
     
  4. cPanelLauren

    cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2017
    Messages:
    968
    Likes Received:
    68
    Trophy Points:
    103
    Location:
    Houston
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @brt

    Are the licenses on all servers valid as well? If so, Could you open a ticket with us using the link in my signature? One opened please update this thread with the ticket ID so we can provide the outcome of the ticket here.

    Thank you,
     
  5. brt

    brt Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2015
    Messages:
    83
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    MN
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ticket ID is 9474187
     
  6. cPanelLauren

    cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2017
    Messages:
    968
    Likes Received:
    68
    Trophy Points:
    103
    Location:
    Houston
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @brt

    Thank you for updating with the Ticket ID. I took a look at the ticket and it looks like the analyst found that the issue causing this was a connectivity issue with the DNS resolvers in resolv.conf. The solution was to change the resolvers to google's.


    Thank you,
     
Loading...

Share This Page