Email auto filter auto bcc duplicated emails.

Acumen System

Registered
Oct 28, 2018
Hong Kong
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi there,

My boss wants to auto bcc some colleagues emails to his email box (both in and out), however, if the colleague is send or cc to him, he will have 2 that email since auto bcc works. It goes terrible if that's a group email discussion, he will get 10+ or 100+ same emails if that group discussion get reply from colleague A, B, C, D...

Is there any way to filter such emails to drop all duplicated emails? I mean, the case below is, Colleague A, B, C, D all in and out emails will auto BCC to BOSS.

1. if colleague A send out, cc B, C, D, and Boss, in Boss email ac will only have 1 that email. (Now is 5 emails)

2. then colleague B reply to A, C, D and Boss, in Boss email ac will only have 1 that email sent by B. (Now is 5+ emails)

3. if colleague C send to A, B, D. Auto BCC works, in Boss email ac will have 1 that email. (Now is 4 emails)

4. if colleague A reply to C, B, D. Auto BCC works, in Boss email ac will have 1 that email sent by A. (Now is 4+ emails)

Thanks a lot for your reply and advise.

Acumen System

Registered
Oct 28, 2018
Hong Kong
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi there,

Hope I won't get the wrong meaning from you, the archive function is just to archive emails to archive place, right? But what I mean is, automatically delete duplicated emails cause by auto BCC function. Is there a way that Archive can achieve it? Thanks.

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @Acumen System,

The Archive feature can be used to automatically save incoming, outgoing, and mailing list messages for all email accounts under a domain. It can be used as an alternative to setting up a filter that automatically adds an email address as a bcc recipient.

Thank you.

Acumen System

Registered
Oct 28, 2018
Hong Kong
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for your reply. But I think this is not the thing I need. As I need some users' email (in and out) automatically bcc to my boss, with that auto bcc function, I also need the auto filter to drop all duplicated emails generated by auto bcc which I stated my scenario at the top.

I am very appreciate your help, please kindly advise if that's possible since my boss keeping stand at my back.. help..

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @Acumen System,

There's no native feature in cPanel & WHM that will enable that specific configuration. You'd need to create a custom Exim system filter rule. While assistance with that level of customization is unsupported, we do have an existing thread you can reference at:

Hidden copies of incoming and outgoing emails

If you need additional help, I recommend reaching out to a system administration service provider, or to the Exim-Users mailing list:

System Administration Services | cPanel Forums
Exim-users Info Page

Thank you.