The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email auto signup using cpanel?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Trepalium, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Trepalium

Trepalium Registered

i know you can't login to cpanel using
    Code:
    http://username:password@domain.com:2082/frontend/x/index.html
    i'm trying to create a php script that allows a user to register an email account.

when i'm logged into cpanel i can essentially do it with this

Code:
    http://www.domain.com:2082/frontend/x/mail/doaddpop.html?username=username&domain=domain.com&password=password&quota=10
    something like that. i can use variables to set a dynamic script that could register an email address for the user, however since the user does not have access to my cpanel i cannot do this.

my plans are of course a seperate .php file that contains no html showing the address with username and pass, but is there anyway i can login to cpanel through php in order to execute this?

i'm using cpanel 9

i'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, but none of these forums have details as to what goes in what.

thanks,
    trep.

2. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

Email autosignup

There was a post on here about that once, someone posted a file.

Try searching the forum for all posts by 'E9N_Michio' and its in one of those posts.

If you cant find it, pm me and i'll put it up on my site.

Regards,
    Brent

3. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

4. memooney

memooney Registered

I need something similar, any ideas?

I'm developing a web portal for the employees of a client, and I would like to use the email/pswd pairs that were created in cPanel as an authentication for access to the portal, rather than storing this info in a database, and requiring the users to maintain 2 usernames/password.

Any ideas????

5. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

If you use the script to create the email account the password could then be used to authenticate for the portal and any password changes using the script would then apply to both. If the users already exist, I don't believe that there is a way to transfer the information from cPanel to the script. One posibility though, would be to use the http authentication (possibly .htaccess) already in use for the email scripts, to authorize access to you portal. Another might be to use SquirrelMail (IMAP authentication (I believe)) to authenticate and add your portal as a plugin.

Just some ideas, nothing completely thought out.