The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email being stored as seperate files in "new" folder instead of one file called inbox

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by louish, Feb 11, 2007.

1. louish

louish Member

I got a new server, running WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-R118, same as my other server, and I noticed that email on the new server is being store differently than my old server.

The old server (which is how I need my new one to be configured) stores mail like this:

/home/username/mail/domain.com/userid/inbox

The new server stores mail like this:

/home/username/mail/domain.com/userid/new/*

Each email is a seperate file.

Is this a setting somewhere, or a permant change? I need to store the mail in a file called inbox to get some scripts of mine to start working again.

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    By default, and it's been this way for some months, all new cPanel installs default to using Maildir rather than mbox for mail storage. There are some settings you can change to make it revert to the old behavior (using mbox). I cannot recall them at the moment, but you might be able to find them with a search on this forum.

My recommendation though is to update your scripts to use the Maildir format.