Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email bottlenecking and the EMail Queue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by AussieNetworks, Nov 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. AussieNetworks

AussieNetworks Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I just moved hosts and now have a dedicated server with cPanel rather than DirectAdmin. I'm enjoying all the new features.

I send out a newsletter two or three times a month to about 32,000 active subscribers to my forum.

Using Interspire Email Marketer it took me about 90 minutes to send all the emails today. However, a lot of them ended up in the Email Queue. I'm just wondering, is this an indication of some kind of email bottlenecking issue where there are too many emails going out via SMTP and some are placed in the Email Queue?

The reason I ask is because I manually sent them using the "Deliver All Messages" option in the Mail Queue Manager and the vast majority of them went out fine.

Is there any way to avoid emails ending up in the mail queue? I'd like my newsletter email send to go out with as little delay as possible.

Are there some settings or configuration options I should be looking at to optimize the email sending process?

Thanks for any help.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can review one of the messages that ended up in the mail queue in /var/log/exim_mainlog to see what prevented the initial delivery. Here's an example of a command to use:

Code:
    exigrep user@remote-domain.tld /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Thank you.