The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email bounce backs

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by deanc, May 8, 2008.

1. deanc

deanc Registered

hello,

I am not a cpanel expert that person is no longer with the company just so you know so you may have to treat me like a nub which i am.

I have several of our clients that cannot send email to our server they get bounce back with the error < mta10.adelphia.net #5.1.1 smtp; 550 Sender verify failed> when I check his email in cpanel i get Virtual_aliases via virtual_aliases router forced address failure.

I am starting to think that I have something set up wrong because this is not an isolated problem it happens with several of our clients.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2. deanc

deanc Registered

Please help

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

It may be due to the wrong MX record entry for your domain. Please verify if it is correct.

4. lvlind

lvlind Active Member

5. webmatrixau

webmatrixau Member

I had this same issue with a domain name I added. We're just hosting the website so I deleted the DNS entries. This didn't work, Exim thought it was still managing the email for the domain. The following solved my issue:

"remove the domains from the localdomains file and put them in to the remotedomains file" (Thanks to Steven Byrd)