The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email client send problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jzanzinger, Mar 4, 2003.

1. jzanzinger

jzanzinger Member

I can’t send emails through outlook express 6.0 or Eudora get 550 can not route to sender address. Used the outlook express auto config. Have the “my server required authorization” box checked. I can receive through both email clients ok and neomail working ok. Also able to send mail through perl scripts. Ping and tracerout to mail server ok. I’ve tried all the suggestions regarding same in cPanel forums and just stuck. I tried to give all pertinent info below and any guidance is greatly appreciated.

From WHM/Email/Mail Troubleshooter I get Mail Routing Error, Filter File, SMTP Destination

From cPanel/mail menu/modify mail exchanger
    mx is mail.realestatece.com

From WHM/DNS Functions I have three domains available to edit. 1)domain = localhost.localdomain mx points to localhost.localdomain 2)domain = mail has no mx entry 3) domain = realestatece.com points to mail.realestatece.com

My /etc/resolv.conf file
    domain darkorb.net
    search darkorb.net
    nameserver 127.0.0.1
    nameserver 66.197.217.11
    nameserver 66.197.217.12

Note: I do not have my domain register pointing to the cpanel box yet. I set host file on my local machine and remote (cpanel) server to point to the ip.

using WHM 6.0.0 Cpanel 6.0.0-R87 RedHat 7.3 one ip address with 1 virtual host = realestatece.com. exim and IMAP services are running.