The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Configuaration on Blackberry

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by vistabahrain, Jan 26, 2011.

1. vistabahrain

vistabahrain Registered

Hello,

I hope if anyone can help me with this issue that I'm facing.

I have a domain from Cpanel and im trying to add my email over blackberry which is ****@vistabahrain.com but its not accepting .
    I sent a complain to RIM ( support@blackberry.com ) to help me with this issue , and they told me it works fine on their server on North America but they can't add it on EU region and they advised me to contact my IT deparment as the server is blocked by a firewall .

how can you help me please , and please let me know what more information do you require so you can help me with my issue .

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    What do you mean it's not accepting? Is the actual email already created on your cPanel account?

3. vistabahrain

vistabahrain Registered

The email is already created , I use it over my outlook normaly , but when I contacted RIM support, they sent me the below email

We have investigated the issue and here are the results:

We can integrate the email using a test device in North America. Username, email and password are indeed correct.

We cannot integrate in EU region. Please forward the following KB article to the IT department:

KB11036: Firewall and connection requirements for the BlackBerry Internet Service

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure I understand the problem, what's confusing me is this comment: "We cannot integrate in EU region"

And then they ask you to see this page:
    /http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11036

But earlier on in this thread you mention this: "...but they can't add it on EU region and they advised me to contact my IT deparment as the server is blocked by a firewall."

If you are the Server Administrator, you might want to check your firewall settings. What firewall are you using?

If you are not the Server Administrator you might want to contact them directly.

This does not appear to be a cPanel issue, IMO.