The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email copy and forward rules

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by nickwuk, Oct 13, 2009.

1. nickwuk

nickwuk Member

I believe I can copy email by setting up a forwarding rule, but how do I set it up to redirect email from one alias to two other aliases, eg:
    send email for info@ to jim@ and john@ without leaving email in an info@ mailbox.

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    The described scenario is possible by simply adding each e-mail forwarder via cPanel one at a time, like the following example:
    First, setup info@domain.tld to forward to jim@domain.tld
    Second, setup info@domain.tld to forward to john@domain.tld

After adding the second forwarder you should be able to see both listed, though you can also confirm the same by viewing the domain's "valiases" configuration file:
    Code:
    # cat /etc/valiases/domain.tld
    In the valiases configuration file(s) forwarders with multiple recipients should have the destination addresses comma-separated, as seen below:
    Code:
    test1@domain.tld: test2@domain.tld,test3@domain.tld

3. InstaCarma_Tech

InstaCarma_Tech Well-Known Member

To achieve this you can simply set up forwarders for info@ to jim@ and john@ via cPanel but DO NOT create the email account info@ ! This way any email that comes addressed to info@ would simply get redirected to jim and john.

4. lenashore

lenashore Member

Oh thank you InstaCarma_Tech. I was having problems with this. Probably due to me not initially understanding the default email was the catchall and it didn't work. Later when I figured out needing to add additional emails I made some assumptions about it not working. Such a relief. Thank you!