cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
I believe I can copy email by setting up a forwarding rule, but how do I set it up to redirect email from one alias to two other aliases, eg:
send email for [email protected] to [email protected] and [email protected] without leaving email in an [email protected] mailbox.
The described scenario is possible by simply adding each e-mail forwarder via cPanel one at a time, like the following example:
First, setup [email protected] to forward to [email protected]
Second, setup [email protected] to forward to [email protected]

After adding the second forwarder you should be able to see both listed, though you can also confirm the same by viewing the domain's "valiases" configuration file:
Code:
# cat /etc/valiases/domain.tld
In the valiases configuration file(s) forwarders with multiple recipients should have the destination addresses comma-separated, as seen below:

InstaCarma_Tech

Apr 22, 2009
I believe I can copy email by setting up a forwarding rule, but how do I set it up to redirect email from one alias to two other aliases, eg:
send email for [email protected] to [email protected] and [email protected] without leaving email in an [email protected] mailbox.
To achieve this you can simply set up forwarders for [email protected] to [email protected] and [email protected] via cPanel but DO NOT create the email account [email protected] ! This way any email that comes addressed to [email protected] would simply get redirected to jim and john.

lenashore

Feb 11, 2011
Oh thank you InstaCarma_Tech. I was having problems with this. Probably due to me not initially understanding the default email was the catchall and it didn't work. Later when I figured out needing to add additional emails I made some assumptions about it not working. Such a relief. Thank you!