The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eMail delivery after Restore

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by iamSR, Apr 18, 2016.

1. iamSR

iamSR Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Recently one of my sites had issues so I use a previous backup to restore it in whm.

The problem I have has since the restore is that as well as new emails I receive old emails from the restored account. They do not show up in any folder in web mail but keep getting delivered, they are all from the same date 23/3/2016 and regardless of downloading or deleting they just keep arriving.

Where can I delete these mails from please?

Steve.

Screenshot email.png

2. iamSR

iamSR Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I need to add, after the last few days of email dated 23/3/2016 I have just started to receive some dated 24/3/2016. It's currently 18/4/2016

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can see if the email is stored on the server by browsing to the following directory:

/home/$username/mail/$domain/

Review the directories within it to determine if want to remove any of them from the server.

Thank you.

4. iamSR

iamSR Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The New and Tmp folders are empty and the Cur folder shows all the mail in the last 24 hours (ish) as expected. However mailwasher is showing email from the 28/3/16 as well as what's expected.

These are the other files in that folder... Can they be deleted with the older timestamps?

Screenshot 2016-04-22 10.00.04.png

5. ssfred

ssfred Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello
    I assume that you experience the issue in your mail client. Multiple downloads of the same mail can happen if the "lock" file of mail client is corrupted. Closing and Reopening of the application fixes the issue in majority of the cases. Some times you may need to manually remove the file and then reopen the application.

6. iamSR

iamSR Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    They keep appearing in Mailwasher now with newer but still old dates, and its mail I remember reading few weeks ago. When downloaded to outlook the old duplicate mails appear to be ignored and no longer show in mailwasher.

This problem only occurs for the account that was restored via whm, all other accounts are fine.

7. iamSR

iamSR Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Also just tested with a mail in mailwasher from 1/4/16, found it still in my inbox in outlook so deleted it. Then send and receive, it vanished from mailwasher but did not come back into outlook, either dated the 1st or today.

8. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Would you mind opening a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.