Email delivery AND a bounce (550)

peterr

Sep 24, 2003
Since CPanel 11.4.6-RELEASE 13580 was installed, I'm getting email delivered okay (via fowarding to an email box/account) PLUS the email is bouncing back.

If I try the 'Email Address Trace' in CPanel, it shows the normal delivery to the mailbox, plus it shows a delivery fail.

Once there is a successful delivery, then no more checking of the username needs to be done, surely ??

This has only just happened, and for some reason, it only happens where there is a mix of alpha and numeric in the username. I'm using fowarding to email boxes, if that helps solve this "bug".

If the username is all characters, there are no problems, just the delivery, no bounce ??

Weird eh !!

spellinn

Jan 3, 2002
Emails are case insensitive..

I'm experiencing this issue too after the latest cPanel update.

All users who have forwarders with *any* capital letters are getting email delivered plus a bounce message gets send to the sender.

As all email addresses are case insenstive, surely this is a bug?

Is there any way to disable this behaviour other than editing every single virtualalias that contains a capital letter?

Regards,

Neil
www.purleyhosting.com

peterr

Sep 24, 2003
This problem seems to be happening again. Anyone else having problems if they add a fowarder with any uppercase chars ?

Cpanel 11.23.1-RELEASE 24909