bicbankapp

Registered
Jan 26, 2020
PHN
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I got this error message under Email Delivery

The system sends the domain “bic.domain.com” in the SMTP handshake for this domain’s email. “bic.domain.com” resolves to “XXX.XXX.XXX.169” and “XXX.XXX.XXX.169”, not “XXX.XXX.XXX.141”.

To fix this problem, create a DNS “A” record for “bic.domain.com” whose value is “XXX.XXX.XXX.141”.

I have created DNS Record (A) in DNS Zone Editor in WHM and also CloudFlare, but this message still appears.

Help, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

virtualu

Registered
Nov 21, 2019
USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi not sure why the OP did not follow up on this but I have a similar issue and am very interested in getting some help. To answer the question you asked....yes. I went to Reverse DNS Lookup and also went to whatsmydns.net and I get propagated all over the world. My IP resolved to the Server stated. I have made sure that the A record is entered in Zone records in Cpanel. Also my host also takes care of my DNS and I have verified the A record is there. As specified. Please help!

Attachments

Last edited:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

I can see in your DNS records that your hosting provider does manage your nameservers and that the root domain (we'll use example.org) is the only one that resolves.

forums.example.org and server.example.org do not have A records associated with them. The server is showing the rdns for the domain example.org as resolving to server.example.org which does not have an associated A record.

The resolution for your issue would be to have your provided add A records for server.example.org and forums.example.org, because your provider manages your DNS your changes made on cPanel will take no effect, they must be updated where DNS is hosted.

Thanks!

virtualu

Registered
Nov 21, 2019
USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanks for your reply but as I stated before, they are already there. I have verified those records are done with my DNS provider. I have verified this time and time again. Still the error doesn't clear. If we can move the conversation to a private chat I can send you screenshots that verify this information. Something is wrong as I have not been able to resolve this for some time and I would really appreciate someone's help on this.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I initially performed the lookup based on the fact that you'd provided the domain name in the screenshot. Looking at this again, the domains now resolve to an IP address and I'm able to get a valid A record for the hostname, where I couldn't previously. Are you still experiencing an issue with the PTR?

fatihcapan

Registered
Apr 19, 2020
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi
I have the same error in my VPS server. Even though, there is no dns or ptr record like server2.yourdomain.com when I check on intodns and mxtools it says "

Reverse MX A records (PTR)
Your reverse (PTR) record:
xxx.xxx.196.5.in-addr.arpa -> server2.yourdomain.com
You have reverse (PTR) records for all your IPs, that is a good thing.
how can I fix my server PTR record.
I attach my screenshot
Regards

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
This says that your hostname doesn't have an A record - your PTR record is fine. You need to add an A record for the hostname where DNS for the domain is hosted in order for this to work.

fatihcapan

Registered
Apr 19, 2020
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I don't have any hostname, Dns zone or record related with "server2.domain.com" I couldn't diagnose how can intodns or mxtools can show this record. Even there is not supposed to be a text "server2.domain.com" in my server also no account, no dns zone, no dns record how come it can be _
My VPS server name server.yourhostname.com and I attached DNS zones lists.
Regards

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Ahh ok I apologize for the confusion. The reason for this issue, in that case, is that the PTR record has the wrong hostname. More than likely the hostname from the prior user that had the same IP address. You'll need to contact your hosting provider in most cases to get this updated to resolve to your hostname. Once that's complete the mailhelo and email deliverability will update automatically after it propagates.

fatihcapan

Registered
Apr 19, 2020
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
No problem :). After hosting provider modify ip's record, cpanel fixed problem by itself in 24 hours, as you say.
now everything is fine. thank you for your assist.

guy100

Jun 15, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have some similar problem.
I have a server with xx.xx.xx.25 and
site's given ip xx.xx.xx.26

So in REVERSE DNS (PTR) i have problem with message :

The system sends the domain “26.xx.xx.xx.server.myserver.com” in the SMTP handshake for this domain’s email. “26.xx.xx.xx.server.myserver.com” does not resolve to any IP addresses.

To fix this problem, contact your system administrator and request that they create a DNS “A” record for “26.xx.xx.xx.server.myserver.com” whose value is “xx.xx.xx.25”.

Any help how to fix it please?