The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email died on my box lastnight

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Ven0r, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ven0r

Ven0r Registered

Not really sure what happened, but i dont receive any emails on the server for any domains. I looked in mail queue manager and see a bunch of emails stuck there, but a weird error when i try to manually send them.

The msg i get is this:

Message 1QtVjl-0000FY-Di is not frozen
    LOG: MAIN
    cwd=/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot 4 args: /usr/sbin/exim -v -M 1QtVjl-0000FY-Di
    delivering 1QtVjl-0000FY-Di
    LOG: MAIN PANIC
    failed to expand condition "${perl{checkspam2}}" for checkspam2 router: Undefined subroutine &main::checkspam2 called.

LOG: MAIN PANIC
    failed to expand condition "${perl{trackbandwidth}}" for trackbandwidth router: Undefined subroutine &main::trackbandwidth called.

LOG: MAIN
    == jstee@gmail.com <root@superman.co-design.org> R=lookuphost defer (-1): lookuphost router failed to expand "${perl{mailtrapheaders}}": Undefined subroutine &main::mailtrapheaders called.\n

Anyone have any ideas on what may be going on?

Many Thanks,

Jason

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

That error message typically indicates that Exim did not update properly. My first suggestion would be to run the following command:

Code:
    # rpm -qa | grep exim
    If you notice RPM errors, you may want to try rebuilding the RPM database via:

"WHM >> Software >> Rebuild RPM Database"

Then, you can try updating Exim via:

Code:
    # /scripts/eximup --force
    Feel free to open a support ticket if you would like for us to look into this further for you:

Submit A Ticket

Thank you.

3. Flyer

Flyer Member

I had exactly the same problem last night which was fixed by doing what you suggested and running:

/scripts/eximup --force

In the output from the last upcp before this problem arose were the following errors:

[20110815.221837] [12713] Testing package set / solving RPM inter-dependencies...
    [20110815.221837] [12713] rpmdb: Lock table is out of available locker entries
    [20110815.221837] [12713] error: db4 error(22) from db->close: Invalid argument
    [20110815.221837] [12713] error: cannot open Conflictname index using db3 - Cannot allocate memory (12)

I had already fixed that using:

rm /var/lib/rpm/__db.00*
    rpm --rebuilddb

I hope this helps.