Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Email Encryption API

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Matt Paplham, Apr 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Matt Paplham

Matt Paplham Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there,

I am creating a hook that automates some of my tasks after cPanel account creation.

I have everything accounted for except email encryption. I was not able to find it in uapi, api2, or api1.

Is this feature not available via api? Encryption - Version 78 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Also, this is the first hook I've ever created. One of the functions I need is deprecated and not available in newer APIs. Do deprecated functions cause issues or could I still use? cPanel API 1 Functions - OptimizeWS::optimizews - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

The Encryption methods referenced in the linked document are implemented using the deprecated cPanel API 1:
    deletekey
    exportkey
    exportsecretkey
    genkey
    importkeys

As for using deprecated functions, that simply means at some point the function will go away. We are currently working on converting cPanel API 1 functions to UAPI functions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ipublicis

ipublicis Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Any idea on when all API 1 (and API 2) functions will be ported to UAPI?

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We hope to have all cPanel API 1 functions converted in time for the next LTS release. At this time we don't have plans for converting API 2 (one thing at a time :) )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...