Matt Paplham

Apr 12, 2019
WI - USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi there,

I am creating a hook that automates some of my tasks after cPanel account creation.

I have everything accounted for except email encryption. I was not able to find it in uapi, api2, or api1.

Is this feature not available via api? Encryption - Version 78 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Also, this is the first hook I've ever created. One of the functions I need is deprecated and not available in newer APIs. Do deprecated functions cause issues or could I still use? cPanel API 1 Functions - OptimizeWS::optimizews - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thanks in advance for your help!

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

The Encryption methods referenced in the linked document are implemented using the deprecated cPanel API 1:
deletekey
exportkey
exportsecretkey
genkey
importkeys

As for using deprecated functions, that simply means at some point the function will go away. We are currently working on converting cPanel API 1 functions to UAPI functions.

ipublicis

Apr 27, 2018
Lisboa, Portugal
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

The Encryption methods referenced in the linked document are implemented using the deprecated cPanel API 1:
deletekey
exportkey
exportsecretkey
genkey
importkeys

As for using deprecated functions, that simply means at some point the function will go away. We are currently working on converting cPanel API 1 functions to UAPI functions.
Any idea on when all API 1 (and API 2) functions will be ported to UAPI?

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Any idea on when all API 1 (and API 2) functions will be ported to UAPI?
We hope to have all cPanel API 1 functions converted in time for the next LTS release. At this time we don't have plans for converting API 2 (one thing at a time :) )