The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bmcclure, Jul 26, 2003.

1. bmcclure

bmcclure Well-Known Member

I am getting the following error on oen of my customers' accounts (The only report so far I've gotten, it might affect them all, I don't know):

Message number 1336 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.domain.com', Server: 'mail.domain.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Hangup Requested by newer process (You have been logged out because of a newer session)', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

Any help please? I'm running WHM 7.2.0, cPanel 7.2.1-R92 on RedHat 8 with the latest version of all packages including Exim 4.

Thanks in advance!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. bmcclure

As an update, the customer isn't getting any mail, that come sup right away. When I try it here, I get about 10-20 seconds worth of mail, then get the error. I might just have a better connection, but I figured it was important.

3. bmcclure

AND, now I'm not even getting that error every time, sometimes, after the same amount of time, I get this one:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.domain.com', Server: 'mail.ccna.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Now I also get this along with that other error sometimes...

I've tried stopping, killing and restarting exim and restarting all other related services, and even the whole server. I've tried rebuilding exim and updating all packages.

4. FijianTribe

FijianTribe Well-Known Member

I am getting the same message under the same circumstances with many different customers.

5. bmcclure

A few of my customers are having this issue, even though andhosting.com is hosted on the same server and our email works fine.

6. jghassell

jghassell Registered

I put a ticket in and the tech simply upgraded to the latest release. Apparently there is an update to cppop which he said would hopefully take care of things.

We'll see.

JGH

7. Skie

Skie Active Member

I just had this same problem as well. After some head scratching and not finding any solution, I noticed that there were several neomail.pl, cppop, webmaild, php and a few other processes that just didn't seem to go away for that particular user. I believe it was a cppop process that appeared to have hung. Once I killed it, the rest finished on their own and the email address is accessible once again. I'm not sure if this would solve it for you guys, but I thought I'd post about it just in case. :)