The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Fails to Send from Server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by warchop, May 3, 2007.

1. warchop

warchop Registered

1st post... whoo whoo!

I've been having an issue(actually, I have many issues, but this one is regarding server email).

An email will be sent to release from the server, where it sits in the mail queue. Delivery is attempted, but gmail/yahoo/etc. blocks Port 25 the email never gets sent. In the interim, all the other emails in the queue remain and don't bump up in the line because the first one is blocked. I feel trapped in a vicious circle.

Anyways... spam blocker/trapper is disabled and no matter what I do... nothing seems to works. I run a VPS... and although I'm not sure if that fact makes a difference, I can configure my VPS any darn way I want it. Plus, I have the added bonus of tech support...however, tech support says it's Yahoo's/Gmail's fault or my fault for because my email is "black listed". However, I only have something like 75 active members in my forum...so I don't see how this has happened...

Anyways anyways... I've perused this forum for well over 4 months looking for an answer related to this issue...but can't find any. So, I'm hoping that this austere group of people can maybe point me to the correct thread or post a fix that has worked for them.

Thanks a ton!

2. bashcpanel

bashcpanel Well-Known Member

Hi,

I dont think yahoo and gmail are blocking port 25. If you suspect for this cause you can contact your ISP to check if they are blocking port 25 .

Or , you can use other port instead of 25 , normally it is 26 but for confirmation you need to contact to your host and tell them to let you know what is the alternate port for 25.

If you can provide any error log from server , it would be easy to tell you why mails are not delivering to yahoo or gmail. :cool:

3. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

yes, I agree that yahoo/gmail does not block port 25.

When you send the email, it will be bounced back to your with error specifying the reason from yahoo or gmail. What's the error?

4. jrehmer

jrehmer Well-Known Member

Even though you may only have a few users, it's still possible for your server to get blacklisted. If that's what cPanel support told you (or other support capable of dicyphering mail logs) then that is most likely the case. Especially if you are only having trouble with the major e-mail carries like AOL/MSN/Yahoo/gMail.

I would recommend visiting http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx and putting in your servers main IP address. This will search almost all of the major blacklists and report the status.