The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Filter and Autoresponder Issues

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by noimad1, Aug 9, 2004.

1. noimad1

noimad1 Well-Known Member

I have two issues that I can't seem to find answers to in regards to filtering and autoresponders:

1. I have an address that is no longer in use. The person that was using it is no longer working for my customer and it gets a ton of spam. I have added a few filters to discard all the mail that comes to it, but I noticed that if someone sends mail to this address and adds a CC to a legitimate address the mail is not delivered to the legitimate address either. Is there a way to have ALL mail sent to that address discarded but delivered to any other headers the message might contain.

2. I have another address that is no longer in use. It was getting tons and tons of spam. I set up the auto responder and it worked fine. However, I also wanted to setup a filter to filter out the mail. As soon as I set up the filter to discard all mail that comes to this address the autoresponder stopped working.

Is there a way to setup a filter and autoresponder, maybe in a different fashion then what I am trying?

2. noimad1

noimad1 Well-Known Member

bump..

no luck on this one?