Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

email filter: forward to another address AFTER normal delivery

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by iRob, Sep 11, 2006.

1. iRob

iRob Registered

Hello, I'm an end user with admin access to my domain with cPanel X, 10.8.2-RELEASE 119.

I'm trying to set up a very simple single email filter rule. I have one particular email that I get somewhat regularly from my phone company, always with the same header info. I use the sender's address for the filter.

I want to forward this email to my wife's gmail account, but I still want to receive the email too. The reason I'm setting this up on my server and not my client mail program is that it wouldn't be forwarded until I download the email from my client machine. I'd like it to get to her as soon as it's sent.

I've tried the filter as a forward to her and she receives it but I don't. I've also tried setting up a filter to forward to both her and my own addresses, but that's not sending to either of us.

Is there another command I should be using? Thanks!

2. iRob

iRob Registered

Well, shoot, sorry for polluting the airwaves. I just set up a couple test filters and ran them. They seem to work, sending to both email addresses.

Must have been a fluke?