The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email filter outgoing messages

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by da_linuxguru, Nov 6, 2003.

1. da_linuxguru

da_linuxguru Registered

Hello everybody,

I am using Cpanel 8 and this is really weird. First let me tell you what exactly I am trying to setup. I want all incoming and outgoing emails from a particular address on a domain to be forwaded to an address of my choice. To achieve that:

I have setup three email filters:

Where header_to contains the "EMAIL ADDRESS" forward to "ADDRESS OF MY CHOICE"

Where header_to contains the "EMAIL ADDRESS" forward to "EMAIL ADDRESS ITSELF"

The 2nd and 3rd filter works but the first doesn't. To check whether it could process the filter properly, I pasted the complete header of the email into the Filter Test and had it process it. The strange thing is that it could find out that the first filter worked and the message will be deileverd to the selected email but then in realiy it doesn't work. Any ideas on how can I achieve what I just described above.

Thanks!
    Dhaval

2. goodmove

goodmove Well-Known Member

Filters are cumulative. So the second and third filters are probably preventing the first to work. Whathever the from email address is, they will all be diverted to the 2 destinations you specified.

#2 goodmove, Nov 8, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2003
  3. da_linuxguru

da_linuxguru Registered

Still unclear..

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Well, I was aware of the fact that if you had forwards setup for a particular email and then you add a filter for the same email, the forward is ignored. What I am still unaware is there is just one filter for a From address then why doesn't it still work unlike 2 filters setup for the to dilevery..

And most importantly...can it be achieved what I am trying to do... copying all emails(Outgoing and incoming) for a particular mailbox to an address of my choice.

Thanks!
    Dhaval