SOLVED Email filter to forward and deliver as usual

kwdamp

Dec 7, 2017
usa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have an active email address, we'll call it [email protected].

I'm trying to setup an email filter to grab emails from an important client, and forward them to my gmail. But, I also need his emails to still be delivered as normal to [email protected].

Looking at the email filters it seems pretty straightforward to setup the forwarding by adding a filter on the senders email address, with an action that forwards to my gmail.

But, how do I set it up so my original pop account still receives the message as well? I'm guessing it's going to involve setting up a second "action" on the filter, but what should it be?

kwdamp

Dec 7, 2017
usa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cPanelMichael Do you have an idea of how this can be accomplished?

I tried the filter by sender, and it does work perfectly to forward the email; but it does NOT leave the message in that pop account? I feel like there's an easy way to accomplish this, but I'm just missing it.

kwdamp

Dec 7, 2017
usa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
GOT IT!

I just needed to add a second "action" to the filter: Deliver to Folder->Inbox

Seems pretty obvious now, but at the time I assumed Deliver to Folder would ask me to specify a system file folder. Nope, it just brought up all the folders for that POP account. Easy enough.

Thanks guys.

Reactions: cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

I'm glad to see you found the solution. Note I removed the earlier posts regarding the user-submitted solution, as that was unrelated to what you were seeking.

Thanks!