Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Email filter to forward and deliver as usual

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by kwdamp, Feb 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kwdamp

kwdamp Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have an active email address, we'll call it me@mydomain.com.

I'm trying to setup an email filter to grab emails from an important client, and forward them to my gmail. But, I also need his emails to still be delivered as normal to me@mydomain.com.

Looking at the email filters it seems pretty straightforward to setup the forwarding by adding a filter on the senders email address, with an action that forwards to my gmail.

But, how do I set it up so my original pop account still receives the message as well? I'm guessing it's going to involve setting up a second "action" on the filter, but what should it be?

2. kwdamp

kwdamp Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    @cPanelMichael Do you have an idea of how this can be accomplished?

I tried the filter by sender, and it does work perfectly to forward the email; but it does NOT leave the message in that pop account? I feel like there's an easy way to accomplish this, but I'm just missing it.

3. kwdamp

kwdamp Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    GOT IT!

I just needed to add a second "action" to the filter: Deliver to Folder->Inbox

Seems pretty obvious now, but at the time I assumed Deliver to Folder would ask me to specify a system file folder. Nope, it just brought up all the folders for that POP account. Easy enough.

Thanks guys.

cPanelMichael likes this.
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm glad to see you found the solution. Note I removed the earlier posts regarding the user-submitted solution, as that was unrelated to what you were seeking.

Thanks!