The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email filtering problem, body length limit?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by volex, Mar 20, 2013.

1. volex

volex Member
    PartnerNOC

We've been receiving a lot of spam messages similar to this one (quoted at end for readability). These all contain the text "usb.php" which seemed like a good way to filter them as it only appears in these emails according to my mailbox.

I created an account level filter rule which is:

Body contains usb.php discard

which should work fine, but when I run this email through the test filter it doesn't work. However if I cut off a lot of text from the start of the email and just use the latter part it does detect it. I can't see anything unusual in the email content that would stop it from working, so I am wondering if there is some kind of limit on email size to be ran through the filter, and if so is there a way to increase this?

P.S. I have done some research and this email is sent by a spam marketing company and the unsubscribe URL unsurprisingly does not work.

2. arunsv84

arunsv84 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is there something common in header? I believe there is an option "Any" "Contains". Try to set it and see the results.

Cheers!!!