Email filters - Discard after forwarding email

Peter S

Registered
Jun 3, 2015
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,

I'd like to be able to set up a POP email account, and forward emails to a gmail account, but not have the emails saved on the server.

To do this I've set up Account-level Filtering, which works great, but if I have two email addresses set up and someone sends an email to both accounts only one person receives the email!!

I've tried setting up User-level Filtering, but the same thing happens.

So if I have [email protected] and [email protected] email accounts and someone emails both Jill and Jack in the same email, only [email protected] receives the email.

Is there a way around this?

LostNerd

Mar 12, 2014
Hastings, East Sussex, UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
You don't have to have a mailbox setup to create a forwarder.

For example, you can create a forwarder for [email protected] to forward to [email protected] where [email protected] has no mailbox. This will deliver the message to [email protected] and then discard the message as there is no mailbox on your server to deliver to. No bounceback message will be sent to the sender as delivery will be considered successful.

In the forwarders section, you can either seperate emails to deliver to by commas (,) or you can set up a rule per recipient.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
To do this I've set up Account-level Filtering, which works great, but if I have two email addresses set up and someone sends an email to both accounts only one person receives the email!!
Hello,

Could you let us know the exact account level filter that you configured?

Thank you.