The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email filters

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by cPanel4711, Sep 6, 2005.

1. cPanel4711

cPanel4711 Registered

Sep 6, 2005
    cPanel: I am unfortunately stuck with this piece of s[io][ft]tware and am still trying to find out what's worse: the product or its documentation.

I have stopped using cPanel for almost everything and am now doing things mostly by hand, i.e. editing .htaccess, doing my own mod_rewrites and the like.

This is a bit more work but in the long run it pays because the underlying software (exim, apache etc.) is actually quite usable, well documented (at least when compared to cPanel) and does what is says on the tin (at least when compared to cPanel).

Alas, I am stuck with the mail filtering. I am trying to apply rules in succession and it simply doesn't work. The .filter file cPanel produces is not powerful enough and I have found no way of writing a full exim filter file (I tried but it seems to be ignored).

Has anyone tried and succeeded to get exim filters or procmail up and running?