Email forwarded as spam

lamer

Registered
Nov 11, 2019
Bulgaria
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Recently on of our colleagues inbox has been atacked by spam letters, so I set the Spam Treshold Score from 5 (by default) to 4. After that all of our forwarders set from our @domain to @gmail are being delivered in the spam folder. Direct emails from our @domain to @gmail are coming straight to the inbox folder.
I have not done any other setting adjusments unless setting the Spam Treshold Score back to default (5) but that did not help.

I don't have previous expierence with cpanel and this is my first encounter with it.
Is there a way for me to see exactly what changed after I set the Treshold sum to 4?

Thank you.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

Recently on of our colleagues inbox has been atacked by spam letters, so I set the Spam Treshold Score from 5 (by default) to 4. After that all of our forwarders set from our @domain to @gmail are being delivered in the spam folder. Direct emails from our @domain to @gmail are coming straight to the inbox folder.
I have not done any other setting adjusments unless setting the Spam Treshold Score back to default (5) but that did not help.

I don't have previous expierence with cpanel and this is my first encounter with it.
Is there a way for me to see exactly what changed after I set the Treshold sum to 4?

Thank you.
Setting the scoring for inbound mail should have no affect on whether or not the mail outbound is marked as spam. Do you have Spamassassin for outbound mail enabled? You can see this in WHM>>Service Configuration>>Exim Configuration Manager -> Scan outgoing messages for spam and reject based on the Apache SpamAssassin™ internal spam_score setting or Scan outgoing messages for spam and reject based on defined Apache SpamAssassin™ score

Reactions: lamer

lamer

Registered
Nov 11, 2019
Bulgaria
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Setting the scoring for inbound mail should have no affect on whether or not the mail outbound is marked as spam. Do you have Spamassassin for outbound mail enabled? You can see this in WHM>>Service Configuration>>Exim Configuration Manager -> Scan outgoing messages for spam and reject based on the Apache SpamAssassin™ internal spam_score setting or Scan outgoing messages for spam and reject based on defined Apache SpamAssassin™ score
Thanks for the answer, but I do not see a Service Configuration in WHM, do you mean Server Configuration?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Thanks for the answer, but I do not see a Service Configuration in WHM, do you mean Server Configuration?
No, I mean WHM>>Service Configuration>>Exim Configuration Manager

You can use the search bar on the left hand side of WHM to search for Exim Configuration Manager as well.

lamer

Registered
Nov 11, 2019
Bulgaria
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
No, I mean WHM>>Service Configuration>>Exim Configuration Manager

You can use the search bar on the left hand side of WHM to search for Exim Configuration Manager as well.
Looks like I don't have such feature, I'm adding a screenshot.
Can I enable the Service Configuration in some way?
Annotation 2019-11-20 142222.jpg

Last edited: