The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email forwarder problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by fright-rags, Jan 5, 2006.

1. fright-rags

fright-rags Member

Hello -

I did a search for this but could not find the same problem, so I thought I would post a new topic. Anyway, I've been using cPanel for a few months now and everything seems to be working fine. I have three email accounts set up (my main account and two others I created) and I have created forwarders for all three to go to one gmail address.

All was well until my hosting service switched servers the other day. Everything seemed to switch over ok, but now the forwarder for my main email account is not working. The weird thing is, the others are working fine. So I deleted the forwarder on my main account and re-created it...it still does not work. Email goes to my account ok, but does not get forwarded to my gmail account like the others do. Any ideas as to what is wrong and how to fix it? Thanks in advance for your help!

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    you would need to tail your exim mail logs to see what the error is as you said your "hosting service switched servers" i would asume you do not have root access you would need to have them troubleshoot the problem for you

3. fright-rags

fright-rags Member

Can i see those on my server if I log into it? I have access to that. Where would i find those?

4. forlinuxsupport

forlinuxsupport Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog

Then send a en email, it should show up in the log file.
    It should show 2 places it is delivered to the local account (if there is one and forwarding to your gmail account)

5. wayne06

wayne06 Registered
    PartnerNOC

Hi,

I have a question about Forwrader. Can I forward one email to multi email accounts and keep the message in original mail box, looks like copy, not move. Is Forward support that?

Thanks in advance,

Wayne