Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Email Forwarders not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by mitk, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mitk

mitk Well-Known Member

HI all,

In /Cpanel/ i have setup some Email Forwarders under the mail tab to an general address and for some reason the emails that should be forwared to that address are not, so i have to go into webmail every once in a while to delete them!

Any idea why this is happening and how i can fix it?

2. Damian

Damian Well-Known Member

If you have a mailbox with the same name as a forwarder the mail will be forwarded and then it will be delivered to the mailbox.

If you don't need a local copy of the mail message then delete the mail box - the forwarder will continue to work.

3. aby

aby Well-Known Member

did u check the mail log when you try sending the mails.. that will give you information regarding why it is not forwarding..But normally when you set a forwarder, there will be a copy in the inbox as well ..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...