Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

email forwarders - receiving limits

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Tony Fin, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Tony Fin

Tony Fin Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi

If I was to set up 4,000 email forwarders for customers, no outgoing mail, just incoming to their forwarder address, how can I make sure these forwarded emails are all delivered and don't get blocked by my host.

As I understand it, there is a 200 an hour limit, and even though I am not sending any emails, the forwarded pass through and are classed as sent when forwarded.

Can anyone confirm this is the case, and would a vps with cpanel licence get around it or would it require more?

Thank you taking the time to take a look.

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @Tony Fin

To start, I absolutely would not recommend this configuration or anything like it. Why use forwarders on this scale rather than change the MX records?

This is the biggest problem with forwarders, everything ends up being forwarded, including spam and on this scale I don't think anything short of whitelisting the originating (forwarding server) server's IP address would *ensure* they don't get blocked.

The limit you have on any account's mail will include mail being forwarded. So if this configuration is just a means to bypass a 200/hr email limit it will not work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...