Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Email forwarding by domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by EPCal, Oct 4, 2018.

1. EPCal

EPCal Registered

WHM v74.0.9.

As of a few days ago, domain email forwarding stopped working. My server admin (managed server) tells me that this is a "feature" of a cPanel update.

What worked before was abcdefghikjl.com was the main domain. abc.com is a parked domain. In the email forwarding of cPanel, we used the feature (that is still there) to forward all abc.com to abcdefghijk.com so they client only had to check abcdefghijk.com and everything send to abc.com went right into the abcdefghijk.com inbox.

Now I've been told I have to set up the abc.com accounts too as this feature has been removed (they are all bouncing as not email accounts). Which means there are over 100 email accounts for this domain and multiple devices each for many of them and I would need to set up abc.com for each of them and for every device?

Is this right?

#1 EPCal, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2018
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @EPCal

I'm not aware of any changes to the domain forwarding. Can you tell me what the bounce message is? Or if you have access what is added to the /var/log/exim_mainlog when trying to forward?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. EPCal

EPCal Registered

Ended up being ASSP spam filter. It was confusing because host said it was a change in cPanel (according to cPanel). It was not. Thanks for the response!

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @EPCal

That makes sense! ASSP is known to cause some issues with cPanel's exim and I would proceed with caution whilst using it.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...