Email Forwarding (Domain Forwarder vs Forwarder)

Hyflex

May 7, 2015
London
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi,

This should be a fairly simple set of questions...

1. What's the difference between Domain Forwarder & Forwarder?

- Removed -

I'm confused because what I am trying to achieve is... the ability to forward all emails from website1 to website2, but respecting who the email is supposed to be going to.

So if it's sent to [email protected] it will forward it to [email protected], I don't want to have to setup all emails manually via the "Forwarder" if I am understanding that option correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
I'm confused because what I am trying to achieve is... the ability to forward all emails from website1 to website2, but respecting who the email is supposed to be going to.

So if it's sent to [email protected] it will forward it to [email protected], I don't want to have to setup all emails manually via the "Forwarder" if I am understanding that option correctly.
Hello @Hyflex,

A Domain Forwarder is what you are looking for. Keep in mind the following:

Domain forwarders only forward email when the system cannot deliver it to an address or autoresponder. For example, if a user sends an email to the [email protected] address, the following actions might take place:

• If a [email protected] address or autoresponder exists, cPanel will not forward the email.
  • If a [email protected] address or autoresponder does not exist, cPanel will forward the email.
Thank you.