Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

email forwarding generate error [an error occurred while processing this directive]

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by radical, Dec 1, 2005.

1. radical

radical Well-Known Member

we had restored accounts on a new drive after the old one developed problems. after this email forwarding for a domain is not working. the existing mail forwarders already created work fine. when trying to create a new forwarder i get

All email sent to user@clientdomain.com will now be redirected to abcd@xyzdomain.com[an error occurred while processing this directive]

in the cpanel logs i see this:-

(internal warning) Thu Dec 1 01:15:47 2005 [13687] warn: Cannot get file lock on

/etc/valiases/i$
    SafeFile::safeopen('GLOB(0x979c118)', '>', '/etc/valiases/clientdomain.com') called

at$
    Cpanel::Email::rebuildconf('clientdomain.com') called at

/usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Emai$
    Cpanel::Email::addforward('user', 'user@xyzdomain.com',

'clientdomain.com'$
    main::doemail('addforward($FORM{\'email\'},$FORM{\'forward\'},$FORM{\'domain\'}...')

call$
    main::exectag('<cpanel Email="addforward($FORM{\'email\'},$FORM{\'forward\'},$F...')

call$
    main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 3430
    main::parsehtml('GLOB(0x97698f8)') called at cpanel.pl line 329

Can someone tell me what is going on. both the domains exist on the same server.

Thanks
    Sunny

2. spiff06

spiff06 Well-Known Member

I have a similar one: I've just tried to restore an account and although the forwarders have all been restored and are operating, I don't see any forwarder in cPanel. Is there some cleanup utility that will retrieve data from /etc/valiases/domain.com to display it again in the front-end area?

Thanks, Eric

FIXED (aka Chirpy to the rescue):
    • Ran /scripts/updateuserdomains
    • Edited /var/cpanel/users/theproblemaccount
    My problem was that the add-on domain hadn't been properly restored (that's why its aliases weren't showing up in the list). I put it back in the list (DNS1=addondomain.ext) and everything is clean again.

#2 spiff06, Dec 9, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2005