The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email forwarding has stoped working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Lostnode, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Lostnode

Lostnode Member

Not sure if this should go under here or E-mail/Exim, but under the mail settings in CPanel when you go to forward email, you put in the alias you want, select your domain (if you have parked or addon domains added) and you click ok, it tells me its be added successfully, but when you go back, none are listed.

This seems to be happening for only a few of our domains. We have check the package settings and the two accounts we know are effected are under a package we called expert, however other domains under the same package work. I am thinking maybe a corrupt file, bt which file should I look at to see if its corrupt?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The files are in /etc/valiases/domain.com make sure that the file have the correct ownership of account:mail

3. Lostnode

Lostnode Member

Thanks Chirpy.

Seems the file was corrupt, after deleting it, touching a new one it worked ok. both domains that were having issues were 0kb each for some reason, neither had the default *=username entry