The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email forwarding: multiple addresses to one email address

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jamie Wright, May 27, 2017.

1. Jamie Wright

Jamie Wright Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    So I want to be able to have multiple email forwarding accounts as my cPanel only has 5 imap but unlimited email forwarding accounts.
    I want to be able to have multiple addresses to forward to one account on the same domain. E.g. Deliveries, complaints, buying, feedback and possibly more. Is there a way to forward all them to one email on the same domain but to somehow tag which forward they are coming from?
    Whether it adds it into a different mailbox on the account or if it gives a [forwardingemail] to the beginning of the email subject.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You can create forwards to do this. If you wanted to sort them as they come in so they go to a specific folder you can do that too, but you'd need to configure that in your email client or Webmail. They'll be "tagged" by the Sent To email address.

Email sent to complaints@ getting forwarded to jamie@ will still show in the email address as being sent to, complaints@, so you can easily setup mailbox rules to move complaints@, feedback@ etc@, to specific boxes.

3. Jamie Wright

Jamie Wright Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Great thanks

Infopro likes this.