The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email forwarding not working when addressee is a CC

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by GillianS, Oct 24, 2014.

1. GillianS

GillianS Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I saw a similar post on this subject that was not resolved but as it was too old I couldn't add a comment.

What I have is all mail addressed to someone@mydomain.com is forwarded to person@btinternet.com. The someone@mydomain.com is not set up as an actual email address in cPanel, only a forward.

If someone sends an email to another address, e.g. someoneelse@yahoo.com and CCs someone@mydomain.com then cPanel is not forwarding the email to someone@mydomain.com

Is there anyway to add a rule so that CC'd emails get forwarded?

Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you notice any output for that message in /var/log/exim_mainlog or /var/log/exim_rejectlog? EX:

Code:
    exigrep user@remote-server /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Thank you.

3. GillianS

GillianS Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Firstly, my apologies for getting my example slightly wrong. It should have read as follows:

All mail addressed to someone@mydomain.com is forwarded to person@btinternet.com. The someone@mydomain.com is not set up as an actual email address in cPanel, only a forward.

If someone sends an email to another address, e.g. someoneelse@yahoo.com and CCs someone@mydomain.com then cPanel is not forwarding the CC'd email to person@btinternet.com

Secondly, as I haven't come across this problem before (I'm rather a novice you might have guessed), I don't know where to find either /var/log/exim_mainlog or /var/log/exim_rejectlog. I've searched under files and it just says 'not found'. I can't see any sub-folders name 'var'. Sorry.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It looks like you do not have root access to the server. Please report this issue to your hosting provider so they can take a closer look at the Exim logs.

Thank you.

5. GillianS

GillianS Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    You are right. I don't. I've been in touch with my hosting provider but unfortunately the logs only go back 24-48 hours and I don't have examples from my client as recent as that. Testing didn't reproduce the issue so I now just have to wait until the error is reported to me again. If I get an answer or a cause I will update this post.