The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email forwarding question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by David Rutten, Dec 2, 2004.

1. David Rutten

David Rutten Registered

ehm.. Is it possible to forward email while keeping a copy in the Cpanel inbox. I can successfully forward mail from my default mail adress to an external adress. But now the messages won't show up in NeoMail...

Thanks,
    David

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yes. There's a quirk in cPanel that if you forward your catchall Default Address, then you have to create an actual Mail account for accountname@yourdomain.com. If you do that, you should then receive email to both accountname@yourdomain.com and to the Forwarder.

3. David Rutten

David Rutten Registered

Ok.. it's now even worse. I removed all forwarders and other fancy settings. I have 2 mail adresses:
    the standard recon@reconstructivism.net
    and my own david@reconstructivism.net (which is the default one now)

But I do not recieve any mails anymore. It doesn't matterwhat adress I send it to. Nothing arrives. And, what is worse, nothing is being returned, so these mails just vanish without a trace. I've checked with NeoMail, Squirrelmail and the other one as well.

HELP!

David

4. Eli_ch

Eli_ch Member

what is your value for the standard-adresse (catch-all)?

if you really couldn't get some mails, check your mailservers logfile. perhaps you will find the error there.

if you want to save the messages on your server and also forward them to another email-account you just have to set the forwarder !and! also create a mail-account for the same adress.
    but attention:
    if you doesn't check or delete mails from your "new" mail-account the quota will grow up and eats all your space...

greets

eli