The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email forwarding question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by kwilson, May 7, 2013.

1. kwilson

kwilson Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I am new to cPanel, so I must apologize in advance if this seems trivial. I am using only experience from postfix...

I want to forward all mail addressed to a cpanel address to a different user in a different domain. I do NOT want a local copy kept.

For example, if my domain is domain1.com. I want to forward all incoming email for bill@domain1.com to billy@outsidedomain.com somewhere else on the net. I do not want a local copy kept by the domain1.com cpanel.

In postfix under ubuntu all I would do is create the line
    bill@domain1.com billy@outsidedomain.com
    in /etc/virtual and it would do what I want. bill would not exist at as a user at all on domain1.com.

I have tried forwarders and filters to not avail. Help appreciated.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Delete the account bill@domain1 and just create a forwarder bill@domain1, all email will be forwarded only, nowhere for it to land on your end.

3. kwilson

kwilson Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    That's what I thought and I tried this. When I sent mail to bill@domain1.com it was bounced. The email trace of the event says that it was bounced because "No Such User Here". It is not foward it to the outside address (billy@outsidedomain.com).