Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

email forwarding question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by kwilson, May 7, 2013.

1. kwilson

kwilson Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I am new to cPanel, so I must apologize in advance if this seems trivial. I am using only experience from postfix...

I want to forward all mail addressed to a cpanel address to a different user in a different domain. I do NOT want a local copy kept.

For example, if my domain is domain1.com. I want to forward all incoming email for bill@domain1.com to billy@outsidedomain.com somewhere else on the net. I do not want a local copy kept by the domain1.com cpanel.

In postfix under ubuntu all I would do is create the line
    bill@domain1.com billy@outsidedomain.com
    in /etc/virtual and it would do what I want. bill would not exist at as a user at all on domain1.com.

I have tried forwarders and filters to not avail. Help appreciated.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Delete the account bill@domain1 and just create a forwarder bill@domain1, all email will be forwarded only, nowhere for it to land on your end.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kwilson

kwilson Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    That's what I thought and I tried this. When I sent mail to bill@domain1.com it was bounced. The email trace of the event says that it was bounced because "No Such User Here". It is not foward it to the outside address (billy@outsidedomain.com).