Email forwarding to and send from main domain mail

ctyop

Registered
Oct 30, 2019
SEA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi all,
I'm at the early stage of setting up domain mails. Need help for some basic setup.
1) Want to set up [email protected], [email protected], at the same time incoming mails to all these users will send to [email protected] How to set up that [email protected] can send as [email protected], and [email protected] can also see the mail send by [email protected]?
2) In this scenario, what to do so that [email protected] can see incoming mails label as addressing to user1 / user2 /user3 originally?
3) I have not set up mail yet, so any suggestion on which is preferable for this, outlook? gmail?
4) How to avoid taking up precious server disk space?

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
1) Want to set up [email protected], [email protected], at the same time incoming mails to all these users will send to [email protected] How to set up that [email protected] can send as [email protected], and [email protected] can also see the mail send by [email protected]?
The inbound mail can be forwarded without issue by setting up a simple forwarder in cPanel>>Email>>Forwarders

There are a couple of options for the outgoing mail:

2) In this scenario, what to do so that [email protected] can see incoming mails label as addressing to user1 / user2 /user3 originally?
A forwarder would do this, it would display in the box as being addressed to the initial user

3) I have not set up mail yet, so any suggestion on which is preferable for this, outlook? gmail?
That's entirely a personal preference, we offer Roundcube and Horde webmail clients and you are able to use most widely available pop/imap clients for email.

4) How to avoid taking up precious server disk space?
The number 1 way to do this would be to have all mail users connect using POP3 and download mail off the server.

ctyop

Registered
Oct 30, 2019
SEA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
The inbound mail can be forwarded without issue by setting up a simple forwarder in cPanel>>Email>>Forwarders

There are a couple of options for the outgoing mail:
Finally try this. However since we are with shared hosting plan, neither WHM nor the above option is possible.

I will assume there is no other solution.

Will just like to thank your reply and to update on progress..even if we can't use it :)

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

Finally try this. However since we are with shared hosting plan, neither WHM nor the above option is possible.
Unfortunately, for the exim system filter/forwarder option there is not for outbound mail, though it will be effective for inbound mail and can be used without WHM access (just for the global email filter).

If your provider has enabled archiving support you might look further into that option as when it is enabled it does not require WHM access.