Email "Forwarding" via a Mailing List where From header matches mailing list address

jmvarelasudy

Registered
Sep 6, 2010
Hi, this is my first post here.

I´m not sure wether this issue has been addressed or not but I dont know how to search the topic (what to search I mean).

I am trying to configure a mail [email protected] and configure it so that when lets say [email protected] sends a mail to [email protected] it gets to sarah jane and tom (sorry for the lame examples) :)

This mail has to get to all the "list" with the FROM from [email protected] so that they can reply there and everybody else will get it.

I hope I´m explaineng myself, if not, please DO ask!

Thanks in advance!

Juan

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hi, this is my first post here.

I´m not sure wether this issue has been addressed or not but I dont know how to search the topic (what to search I mean).

I am trying to configure a mail [email protected] and configure it so that when lets say [email protected] sends a mail to [email protected] it gets to sarah jane and tom (sorry for the lame examples) :)

This mail has to get to all the "list" with the FROM from [email protected] so that they can reply there and everybody else will get it.

I hope I´m explaineng myself, if not, please DO ask!

Thanks in advance!

Juan
The described type of e-mail forwarding via a list can be setup using a Mailing List created in cPanel, and then by customizing the Mailing List configuration: cPanel: Main >> Mail >> Mailing Lists

cPanelDon

Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Friendly Moderator Note

I've revised the thread title in attempt to better describe the request and hopefully attract more people that are familiar with customizing the Mailman-based mailing lists that are created via cPanel.

jmvarelasudy

Registered
Sep 6, 2010
I've revised the thread title in attempt to better describe the request and hopefully attract more people that are familiar with customizing the Mailman-based mailing lists that are created via cPanel.
The described type of e-mail forwarding via a list can be setup using a Mailing List created in cPanel, and then by customizing the Mailing List configuration: cPanel: Main >> Mail >> Mailing Lists
Thank you to both. I will try my luck with mailman. If anybody can think of guide for dummies for mailman I would appreciate it.

I´ll start a new post on mailman if relevant.

Thanks agian.

Regards

Juan

cPanelDon

Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Thank you to both. I will try my luck with mailman. If anybody can think of guide for dummies for mailman I would appreciate it.

I´ll start a new post on mailman if relevant.

Thanks agian.

Regards

Juan
For in-depth information regarding configuration I recommend searching the official Mailman documentation (as linked below):