Email forwarding vs MX forwarding

Hdraye

Registered
Aug 13, 2018
Saudi Arabia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi
I have 2 servers (using 2 domains) both domains have same email accounts ([email protected] and [email protected]) and I am forwarding each email on domain1 to email on domain 2 using cpanel , and want to disable sending from domain1 to avoid spam.
Can I do that without affecting forwarding, and how please.
Is using MX forwarding possible to do so, and how please

Thanx in advance

Hani

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! The easiest way to do that would be to ensure that there is no mailbox for [email protected] on the system, and that only the forwarder exists. While it's possible an automated script could still send messages using that name, the odds are much less likely if the account doesn't exist on the machine.

If you do need to keep the actual email account in place, you can use this API call to keep the account from sending messages:

Hdraye

Registered
Aug 13, 2018
Saudi Arabia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanx, so I should delete accounts and make forwarders instead,I can do that, what then please? I don't want to use the API solution as I am not that good when it comes to whm/api

Hey there! The easiest way to do that would be to ensure that there is no mailbox for [email protected] on the system, and that only the forwarder exists. While it's possible an automated script could still send messages using that name, the odds are much less likely if the account doesn't exist on the machine.

If you do need to keep the actual email account in place, you can use this API call to keep the account from sending messages:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If you delete the accounts and only have the forwarders in place you wouldn't need to perform the other operations since there isn't an email account on the system to send messages. The option simply wouldn't exist for that user to send mail on your system.