grahamsmythe

Registered
Aug 28, 2021
London
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Apologies if this is a really basic query, but here goes anyway.

In our CPanel, I have three email addresses for my children.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Obviously I have set up three email accounts and they work fine.

However, my wife and I would like to see what emails they're receiving, so I set up an 'Email Filter' that said:

If 'any header' contains '[email protected]' then redirect to '[email protected]'

What happens is, I receive the e-mail, but my daughter doesn't

Am I doing the right thing using filters, or should I just use forwarding? The only downside I see with forwarding is that I could potentially end up with a load of forwarders when using filters could keep things more tidy.

Look forward to receiving any advice anyone might be able to give me.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I believe you'll want to use the details in the first "Important" yellow box on this page:

Can you try that and see if that gives you better results?

air-america

Registered
Oct 19, 2021
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Google Cloud WHM/cPanel - What 3rd party provider allows forwards in cPanel?
Reading threads this does not solve issue

Using SendGrid, as the best choice for delivery.
Majority of my clients want to forward mail and not happy!
Who has the solution. Build mail server elsewhere or who to use???
I am a low volume sender no bulk mail...

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello! I believe the "forwarders" section of cPanel should be available from most providers. It is a feature within cPanel and I am not aware of any providers who would not allow their clients to use it. Using the "forwarders" section of cPanel, as described by @cPRex, should allow you to configure email in such a way that when email is sent to one address, it is, additionally, sent to another address. The email would show up in both inboxes rather than just one.

Note:
Forwarding email accounts keep a copy of the emails that they forward. If you have access to both the forwarding email and the destination email, you can view the forwarded email at both locations.[/QUOTE

If this isn't what you need, can you help me understand exactly what solution you need, and why forwarders in cPanel wouldn't be helpful to you?

Thank you very much.

air-america

Registered
Oct 19, 2021
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello! I believe the "forwarders" section of cPanel should be available from most providers. It is a feature within cPanel and I am not aware of any providers who would not allow their clients to use it. Using the "forwarders" section of cPanel, as described by @cPRex, should allow you to configure email in such a way that when email is sent to one address, it is, additionally, sent to another address. The email would show up in both inboxes rather than just one.

Problem with mail forwards using sendgrid Examples: [email protected] sends mail to [email protected] cPanel forward to [email protected]
E-mail gets rejected at Sendgrid ERROR Yahoo.com is not a verified sender! Using Sendgrid API package.
No way to api verify Yahoo.com and all incoming domains unless you pay big bucks to get static ip...
All api verified source mail is the only thing that will pass.

Option:
Discovered you can create your own private mail server if required to forward website owner dot com.
Of course you you stand to get blacklisted or blocked if spam forwards through.
Other would be to keep Sendgrid and disable mail forward in WHM package.

With all the main stream mail volume blocks these days.
Admin should ask themselves do you really want to manage a mail server?

Reactions: cPanelAnthony