The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email from yahoo with dkim signature incorrect

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by glub0t, Sep 12, 2014.

1. glub0t

glub0t Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I new operating cpanel/whm and mail server. I set my mail server to reject dkim invalid signature. Now, email from yahoo is being rejected.
    This is the error from the server.

And this is snippet error from the client.
    I get that error if I send the email from Windows Mail app, but not from yahoo web client (mail.yahoo.com). I believe this my server mail (exim) problem. How can I resove this?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Yahoo is not validating the email because it does not originate from their servers. That explains why it only happens when you send from your email client, and not directly from Yahoo's webmail. You may want to disable "Reject DKIM failures" if you prefer to accept this email.

Thank you.

3. glub0t

glub0t Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I try to validate email from yahoo with dkim addons in thunderbird and it validate the email. I think this is exim bug. Can someone confirm this?
    At first I thought this is yahoo error, because the selector "s" is different. My assumption is that with different selector (different key from yahoo), you can't get the same email hash. But then, that addons prove me wrong.

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you clarify what exact steps you are taking? For instance, are you setting up a Yahoo email address in Thunderbird and sending to your mail server? Have you tried sending to other mail servers with DKIM failure restrictions in place to see if you get the same result?

Thank you.

5. glub0t

glub0t Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    > For instance, are you setting up a Yahoo email address in Thunderbird and sending to your mail server?

No, I use thunderbird as a client from email in cpanel domain. Then I send email from my yahoo address (with different client) to that cpanel email. So, I can see dkim signature from yahoo address which is correct based on the addons.

> Have you tried sending to other mail servers with DKIM failure restrictions in place to see if you get the same result?

No, I don't have any other source with DKIM failure. Other major email provider I test is outlook which not provide DKIM signature and Google which successfully pass the DKIM verifier.

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It seems like this is an issue with the remote mail server, but I am not sure I fully understand what you are explaining. Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

7. glub0t

glub0t Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry for my confusing phrase. What I mean with cpanel domain is my domain that managed by cpanel and cpanel email is email from that domain.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will consider to submit a ticket.

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please ensure you post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

9. ucok_karnadi

ucok_karnadi Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael, i have the same problem and i was port my ticket about this problem. hope it will fix soon.

Support Request Id 5478861

Code:
    Remote host said:
    550-DKIM: encountered the following problem validating yahoo.com:
    550 signature_incorrect

10. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To update, on this ticket, the outcome was the same as one of my previous responses on this thread:

Thank you.

11. cogase

cogase Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi,

I think I have the same problem. But my problem little bit different.
    The error message only appear when sending from Yahoo Mobile phone (from blackberry, android, iphone, etc) to all domain under my cpanel. When i try send from browser pc, there is no error message, and all delivery was successful. If DKIM is the main issue of this problem, why sending from yahoo pc browser is no problem. Is there's any missconfigure on my server or something?

Thank you.

12. fradit1989

fradit1989 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Problem Send email from account yahoo via mobile

Dear ALL,

Please help my problem :)
    I'm try send email via mobile from account yahoo mail to my cpanel that problem, with log :

Remote host said:
    > 550-DKIM: encountered the following problem validating
    > yahoo.com:
    > 550 signature_incorrect
    > [BODY]

But if i'm send email via PC from account yahoo mail to my domain cpanel succes and not problem.

Any solution for my problem?

Thanks For All :D

13. assetict

assetict Registered

Hi Michael,

Apologies for my ignorance here but I am experiencing the same issue where people sending to my server from the yahoo webmail have their mail delivered and anyone sending using another email client gets the DKIM failure.

So, using the example in the first post, the sending server is nm8-vm4.bullet.mail.sg3.yahoo.com on the IP 106.10.148.195 which is a yahoo owned IP and on the yahoo.com domain. Why is this failing despite the email message being sent from the yahoo servers, albeit connecting to them using an iPhone or email client on a PC instead of their webmail? Surely it is a miss configuration of the Yahoo servers or am I way off the mark?

If someone can correct me here I would appreciate it as right now I don't understand why it is our issue that the mail is failing to deliver.

Thanks