The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email has been dropping all day

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ljwhite, Mar 27, 2006.

1. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

I have been having problems for DAYS with my al@martincommercialproperties.com account. It works part of the time and part of the time it doesn't. Road Runner works. I cannot send emails with attachments most of the time. THIS IS AN ON-GOING ISSUE. Here is the prompt I get:

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
    cpe-66-69-218-160.austin.res.rr.com ([127.0.0])[66.69.218.160]is currently not permitted to relay through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on in your email client…Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again.

My outgoung mail is set to mail.martincommercialproperties.com and the incoming is the same. The problem is that it SOMETIMES works and sometimes it doesn't. This is furstrating. I thought it was the email program. I have gone from Outlook Express, to Outlook and am now at Mozilla Thunderbird. I called Road Runner and all is ok with them. I am sending this on Road Runner.

Many thanks in advance.

2. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

Your outgoing server requires authentication before sending. You can set this up in MS Outlook, or simply check your email (i.e. log in) directly before sending.

3. ljwhite

Thanks for your help. So if i use Outlook, what shall i do?

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Use the same "outgoing" details as your default email account your ISP gave you. That should do it.

5. ljwhite

Thanks for your help. But if you can show me the details how to configure properly in MS Outlook and it is better that if you can give me screenshot. I am sorry to trouble you. But i want to do Properly in ever step of configuration.